God intends every marriage to reflect His love.
No one plans to become a broken family or a miserable couple. We marry because we yearn for a life-long, thriving relationship. In fact, marriage is so highly valued by God it has the elevated dignity of being a sacrament.
Building Strong Marriages
Sacramental marriage has three persons existing within it: husband, wife and God. This added presence of God is the “power boost” needed for all Catholic couples to overcome the challenges presented in marriage.
Another way to illustrate this picture is to imagine you needed a piece of rope to accomplish a strenuous task.
Would you choose a piece of rope made of two strands of hemp (husband and wife) or would you choose a rope made of three strands (husband, wife and God)?
There are so many negative influences opposing a successful marriage, it’s necessary to grab the stronger rope.
Life Stage Pointers & Idea Cards: Marriage
Life Stage Pointers provide a Catholic Christian perspective on common family seasons and challenges.
- Caring for an Aging Loved OneAll of us know that our parents, spouse and other family members will eventually grow old and face inevitable health challenges. We even understand that sickness and death are partContinue reading “Caring for an Aging Loved One”
- Married: Praying As A CoupleDid you know couples who worship together each Sunday and regularly pray together at home report a greater marital stability and happiness in their marriage. Praying together can sound awkward,Continue reading “Married: Praying As A Couple”
- Managing Family FinancesThe Bible has a lot to say about money and much that is specifically of value for someone trying to be intentional about family relationships. A financial treadmill of workingContinue reading “Managing Family Finances”
- Engaged: Getting Ready for MarriageCongratulations on this wonderful milestone. Few seasons in life are filled with as much joy and anticipation as the time spent preparing to get married. You’ve probably heard it saidContinue reading “Engaged: Getting Ready for Marriage”
- Married: Considering ChildrenEach of us have distinct strengths, passions and experiences that guide what we do in life. Marriage and parenting are a general calling that applies to most people of faith.Continue reading “Married: Considering Children”
The Idea Cards help you make faith conversations easy by providing simple activities you can do in one evening.
- Lenten Resolutions for Married CouplesInspired by Pope Francis Best Use:Grow in holiness together with your spouse. Nutritional Value:In his homilies and addresses, Pope Francis has spoken quite directly about how husband and wife shouldContinue reading “Lenten Resolutions for Married Couples”
- Morning OfferingA Prayer to Start your Day Best Use:To help you start your day grounded in prayer. Nutritional Value:Helps you start your day by offering everything you have to Jesus. FocusesContinue reading “Morning Offering”
- A.C.T.S. Prayer GuideA Simple Acronym to Help You Pray Best Use:To guide your personal prayer time or prayer time as a family. Nutritional Value:Helps you pray with confidence and stay focused andContinue reading “A.C.T.S. Prayer Guide”
- Mealtime Prompt: The Year of the Lord-Making Your Household Calendar Christ-CenteredBest Use:As a family activity early in the new year. Nutritional Value:Creating memorable teaching moments about the Church’s calendar and making your household calendar Christ-centered.
- Christmas@Home: Blessing the Christmas TreeBest Use:As a Christmas family activity. Nutritional Value:Helping connect the traditional Christmas decorations to the birth of Jesus and the reason he came.